Two weeks ago we were awakened to Emma throwing up...poor thing. She continue to be sick all night and all the next day with a reprise a day and a half later. A week went by...every one else was fine!
Then, just when I was feeling very confident that the rest of us had been spared, Gigi woke up in the middle of the night with the same fate as Emma.
So...now, we are about a week from that, Gigi is mostly better (only a little evidence that her belly isn't quite back to normal yet) and I was feeling really great about the fact that Pukefest 2008 was coming to an end.
Aidan's turn! Oh yes! Same story, not quite as bad because the boy has a stomach of steel, but not fun either.
So, what are the children doing today? Why, what all 21st century children do when there is a sick one in the house (oh, what do you say? that's only *my* children)...they are watching video, after video, after video, after video, etc...
Aidan was feeling well enough to argue with me about why he feels he should be able to watch "Star Wars" today so I might just be a mean enough mom to make him do his schoolwork this afternoon. If he's well enough to argue, he's well enough to practice his handwriting! Oh, I'm soooo mean!
Then, just when I was feeling very confident that the rest of us had been spared, Gigi woke up in the middle of the night with the same fate as Emma.
So...now, we are about a week from that, Gigi is mostly better (only a little evidence that her belly isn't quite back to normal yet) and I was feeling really great about the fact that Pukefest 2008 was coming to an end.
Aidan's turn! Oh yes! Same story, not quite as bad because the boy has a stomach of steel, but not fun either.
So, what are the children doing today? Why, what all 21st century children do when there is a sick one in the house (oh, what do you say? that's only *my* children)...they are watching video, after video, after video, after video, etc...
Aidan was feeling well enough to argue with me about why he feels he should be able to watch "Star Wars" today so I might just be a mean enough mom to make him do his schoolwork this afternoon. If he's well enough to argue, he's well enough to practice his handwriting! Oh, I'm soooo mean!
No comments:
Post a Comment