This is probably not a big deal for most people out there, but for the past 5 1/2 years or so I've been extremely spoiled and allowed to sleep in with whatever baby(ies) we have in our bed at the time. My lovely husband is an early riser and would hang out with the older kids while I snoozed and snuggled with the current nurser.
This arrangement would still be great if I did have three children who need to have their mom available in the morning while their father gets ready for work. More important than that is the fact that I need to be up to enjoy these kids and my husband before the morning rush begins. I'm not taking kids to school in the school, but we still have our own "morning rush" in a way. Once the kids take their time waking up they get their morning chores done, practice piano, eat breakfast and we're start our day with "Ora Time" (Prayer Time).
It's been a goal of mine for quite some time to get up in the mornings to be with my family. Doing this while keeping the snoozing baby safe in our bed has proven difficult, and then sometimes I don't sleep great, sometimes I go to bed too late, sometimes it's too cold outside... See how easy it is to convince yourself you don't need to get up?
I'm not sure if it's the time change or a change of heart, but for the past two mornings I've gotten up to be with this little family in the morning hours. Wow, our days go so much more smoothly.
Today promises to be a great day! We will get our seatwork-schooling done this morning before heading off to our homeschool group. I will have in tow St.Michael the Archangel, St.Lucy, and St.Augustine. Quite a nice crowd if you ask me.
1 comment:
I've never been one for mornings either, but it's funny how the simple action of getting up early sets the tone for the day. I love being able to have my coffee before everyone else is up and pulling me in 20 different directions. :) But I still need lots of motivation to get me out of bed too.
Post a Comment