June 1, 2010
Outside my window...The sun, sun, sun (!) is shining, shining, shining. We've had such beautiful weather this spring/summer.
I am thinking...about whether or not we're going to paint the kids' room and the schoolroom before summertime guests arrive. It's hard to commit to a project that would keep us indoors for awhile with this beautiful sun.
I am thankful for...friends who encouraged me to go to the Catholic Homeschool Conference in the cities this weekend. She did a great write up and I listened to one of her talks. Very sweet, very good, very "just what I needed to hear". I was dragging my heels about going. I have a nursing 15-month old, my husband just got back into the country after being gone for nearly 2 weeks, it's an almost 3 hour drive, etc... In the end, even though the priest I really, really, really wanted to meet ended up not being able to make it (and my friend duped me by not telling me he would not be there until she had taken me captive, er...picked me up), I am so very glad I went. Veronica survived being away from me all day. I was very, very, very glad to see her and she sorta noticed that I had made it home.
The schoolroom...is on break! We follow the University's schedule so when Brett is in school we are in school. He is teaching a summer class for the next couple of weeks and the kids have decided that they would like to continue with their history during those weeks. Math will also be on the summer school list.
From the kitchen...I have some iced tea being made for my lawnmowing husband. When we lived in Texas I would make the stuff a couple of times a week. Since moving up here I have a very small "iced-tea-making" window so I can waste no time at all. Truth be told, I can't stand the stuff, but my hardworking hubby loves it.
I am wearing...a pinkish, purplish shirt, brown "springtime" skirt, and a sleeping baby.
I am creating...summer chore charts, a mental list of what is left to be done today, and baskets of clean clothes. Okay, the washing machine is creating those.
I am going...out on a real date with my real hubby for our real 10 year anniversary on Thursday!
I am reading...less facebook, less blogs, and more books.
I am hoping..to connect with a couple of new people this summer and "talk shop" about this whole homeschooling, thing.
I am hearing...the kids thinking they are being quiet, Brett talking to a couple outside but I don't recognize their voices, and birds.
Around the house...My house was spotless, decluttered and in order the whole time Brett was swinging with the monkeys. I kid you not. Upon his arrival home our house has become messy and cluttered. I could blame Brett for this transformation, but for any of you who know him at all know that I could never convince you of his guilt in this matter. Actually, I've noticed that this happens because I want to hang out with him when he's here and that usually means neglecting the work that I would normally do. It's worth it.
One of my favorite things...watching my kids form relationships with their siblings. It might result in a mutiny against me, but at least I'm enjoying the process.
A few plans for the rest of the week...We are finishing up yard work today, we have a libaray visit planned, a little schooling, an anniversary date, a dessert date with a friend, the kids' karate test, our diocesan priestly ordination, and my in-laws arriving at the end of the week. Life as usual.
A picture thought I'm sharing...
No comments:
Post a Comment