Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Texas or Bust

We lived in Texas for 7 years! 7 years, and yet we still made the journey down there in August. It was as hot as we remember it, but was so great seeing our friends. It's a good thing it was so hot or I would have been trying to convince Brett that we need to move closer. Dear friends are a rare find, and we have some very dear friends in Texas.





Brett usually drives, but he needed a break on our second day so I took over. With a little help from our friend "The Furby".





My super-crafty friend helping the kids with their "feltwork". I have a long list of craft supplies that I will need to be purchasing after visiting the "ultimate craft house". Our friends have a sweet house with lots of room to play and as always with this particular friend, it was sweetly decorated and very welcoming.


While us women-folk were crafting, Brett was taking his "goddaddy" status very seriously. It's rough.



We made a trek down to Houston while we were in Texas to meet another godchild whom we had yet to meet, and hang with some great friends. The kids had plenty of Star Wars action, can you tell?


No comments: