 |
| She really just wanted to play with the paper. |
 |
| Party for a Princess! We never have big birthday parties, we are a party wherever we go. When you almost don't make it, a party you get! |
 |
| Monkey Cupcakes made by Aidan. Not sure why the picture is sideways. |
 |
| "For ME?!?!?!" |
 |
| We did chocolate (dairy free) cupcakes. She devoured her cupcake. Guess we know how to get her to gain weight. |
I was grateful that the day was so busy I didn't really have time to be emotional. My parents came in the night before and we went up to the NICU to bring everyone some bagels and show off our one-year-old. Felicity had a great day. She wasn't sure what the big deal was, but demanded constant attention anyway (naturally).
This past year seems to have gone by quickly yet it will be remembered as one of the longest years of my life. I've never been "willing" my baby to grow up so fast. At the beginning we were told that no one really knew what to expect as far as development. We were told she will probably have some delays, some major, some minor. We were told that we would have to get another MRI of her brain to see what sort of damage had been done since the first was when she was so little that it was hard to see (although the initial MRI was very hopeful).
Fast forward to the present. Felicity has hit all her major milestones. She is on the brink of walking. She jabbers constantly (although I don't think she'll be an early talker). She has a great sense of humor and is super lovey. She is small as she's had that darned reflux to deal with. Hopefully we're getting that under control and she will gain some more weight.
We are more than pleased with her progress. It seems weird to say that, because we are really just happy she's here with us, and we would have loved her no matter what extra challenges she may have brought.
I feel like I can breathe a sigh of relief now that we've hit the 1-year mark. 1-year-olds are still super baby to me so hopefully I can just sit back and enjoy the sweet baby that she is instead of looking for the next milestone.
3 comments:
Happy belated birthday, sweet Felicity! So, so glad you're here. :)
Happy Happy Birthday Felicity! The pictures are adorable. It looks like it was a great celebration!
-Michael and Emily Brewick
Wow, wow, WOW. A year?! What a darling she is. I am so happy she is with you, Meghan. She is a blessing and a delight. I thank God that her health is good, too. Many, many blessings on your whole family in the year to come! :D
Post a Comment