Okay, I'm lying. Spring is so far away that I'm not even pretending we'll see it anytime soon anymore. Thursday afternoon a storm blew in. Here we are, 18" of snow later. And it's currently snowing.
Don't feel too sorry for us. We kept ourselves occupied.
The dress is one that my mom made for my sister when she was little. All of the girls have worn it for a special "Little Blue Dress" picture. They all filled it out much more than poor, puny Felicity does. Precious gal.
The good news is that Felicity is actually eating food these days. A lot of food, just very little variety. She's eating absurd amounts of eggs, bananas, and guacamole mainly. An occasional strawberry and cucumber will make it into her mouth. This girl has me looking at food in a new way, that's for sure.
How else do we keep ourselves entertained other than scrambling eggs and dressing little girls up? Big brothers have a special way of entertaining.
I'm hoping that we can get another good week of schoolwork in this week as we managed to do last week. As we wrap up the school year I always enjoy looking back and evaluating what we've done. The "real" teachers might not be impressed, but I've found my own little niche in this homeschooling world, and I'm content. The more I do this, the more I see the importance of letting my children read for insanely long amounts of time, practice piano, and play outside to their hearts' content. They do math, writing, and science as well. I'm convinced they will be just fine in the "school" department although I still feel a tinge of guilt when I see the school bus drive by and we've been "finished" for hours.
No comments:
Post a Comment