| Felicity says, "Wait, I'm going to be sitting in this car seat for how long?" |
Pics of kids first entering vehicle to begin this leg of the trip. No after pictures were taken. Just imagine. We drove halfway through WI, all of IL, IN, OH, and part of PA. 2 adults (one of whom is 25 weeks pregnant), 5 kids, 11-years-old and under. I think you can picture what we looked like.
We pulled into a motel which we thought would be just great only to find that it was awful. We switched to a less awful room than the first one, but I'm pretty sure it's just as awful now because one of the kids was car sick, and well...no more details.
Day 3 found us in Bedford, PA, the place where George Washington led (as president) 3,000 troops to put a stop to the whiskey rebellion. This was the first major "test" for the newly formed union. From Bedford we went to Gettysburg. We could have spent a couple days in both of these places, but we did as much as we could in the short amount of time that we had.
3 comments:
Very cool! I love travel posts! I'll have to tell S. that y'all are on vacation; she keeps checking the mailbox eagerly for a letter from A. (He is such a good pen pal, he's got my kids spoiled!)
Have a fun journey and take care of yourself! I pray for your safe travels!
Did you get to see Archbishop Charles while you were out that way?
Claudia,
Yes, that was our purpose in going, actually. We were able to stay with him, and enjoy a lot of "down" time in the evenings and early mornings with him. Love that man!
Part 3 of the trip is pics with him, but I just haven't gotten the chance to put them up yet. :-)
Post a Comment