Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Almost Finished!

We are sooooo close to the end of our school year.  It's this time of year, every year, where I'm really tempted to say, "That's good enough" and call it quits.  Much to my children's dismay, that's not going to happen this year.  We are finishing strong, we are going to go to the bitter end, we are not going to fizzle out, not this year!!!  How is that for some motivational "speaking"?  If my "day job" doesn't work out.....

 I think the weather will cooperate this week.  It's supposed to be raining all week long.  Rainy days are perfect for convincing my little students to stay in, cozy up, and get their work done.

 We have had some beautiful, warm, no bugs (yet!) days that have not gone to waste!
 I'm already finished getting my list together for next school year so I can plug away at the actually planning all summer long.  I find it works best for us if I have a whole year planned out and we can be flexible when we need to be.
 We have some awesome plans for this summer break.  We, of course, have a couple of house projects, deck-staining and dining room expanding to be exact, a little travel, a lot of relaxing, even more mosquito-slapping and tick killing (can't pretend we don't spend an unhealthy amount of time in those activities), and hopefully some great family time.
I started getting grumpy this morning as Brett was getting ready to go to work.  When we get this close to the end I start getting a little antsy.  Luckily, I snapped out of my funkiness, gathered my troops and we got a good day in.  Here's to another week or so!

1 comment:

Heather K said...

Good for you!
We fizzled out this year.
But had another baby in April so we finished some subjects early & turned out not as strong a ending this year.
I was curious about you guys so I had to get back on here. Its been too long