Monday, June 18, 2018

Stuck

The above is a picture of our way into town.  A couple nights ago we had a monster storm that dumped nearly a foot (!!!!!!) of rain on us.  We went into town the next morning for Mass, but as we crossed this bridge and another further north I wondered aloud to Brett if he thought we should even be going to town.  We went to Mass and booked it home.  Sometime that night, with no extra rainfall, the bridge gave way.  There is rumor that a detour has been established, but no official word on where that is. We have a lake and large state park to get around so it's looking like we may have to go a handful miles south in order to get to a place where we can go north.  Might double the amount of time it takes to get to town.  Looks like I'll be hanging out at home quite a bit this summer since I'm also not convinced that our big van is going to make it very far on the detour road, which is a horrible road under good conditions.

I'm so very grateful that we are all safe, our house stayed dry, and I'm not due to have this baby boy for another 6 weeks or so.  I've already had a chat with him about staying put until his official eviction date.  I'm pretty sure he'll obey.  Pretty sure that bridge will be out for the rest of the summer, but at least by then there will be a clear and established way to get to town.



And this photo is of the smaller of the two waterfalls that are near us.  Usually there are two distinct stream/small falls going down the rock face.  What rock face you say?  Exactly!  Shortly after taking this picture we saw a huge tree fly over the falls.  Pretty incredible! 

2 comments:

Heather K said...

How exciting! A baby boy ��

Meredith said...

I'm just seeing this now. I didn't realize you had driven on that road before it gave way. Scary! Is the road to town a little less far now, or are you still doing the detour?