Friday, October 5, 2007

Sioux City

Things have been a little crazy, but I'm finally getting around to posting about the trip the kids and I took to Sioux City to see my sister and her family.



Jocie turned 30 on the 25th of September so I thought what a perfect excuse to go and see her. And her sweet husband was planning a surprise birthday party.

I was planning on leaving right when we got up on Friday morning, but the weather had a different idea. We woke up to a huge storm with large hail and lots of lightening. Our electricity even went out. Once everything looked clear I packed the kids up and we headed out (did I mention that I was doing this 7 hour drive by myself?). Everything was pretty uneventful which is all we can ask for when making a long trek with three small children. We had one episode in an Arby's that involved a long potty break, a spilled cup of Dr.Pepper on potty-break floor, and a baby who loves playing with ice....oy!

We had a great time visiting and the kids loved seeing their cousins and were extremely please that Lauren could talk....lol! Also, while we were there we got to visit our friends who just moved to Vermillion and see their newest (#7!) little guy. Fun stuff!


The kids loved seeing Aunt Jocie's room at school.




We took the kids to make their own bears. They all had a blast.

No comments: