I really need to post some new pictures of all of our summertime adventures, but for now just a quick update.
My dad is thankfully recovery very well. I am so grateful for that.
Our trip was fun, but long. I think each year it will get shorter, not because I enjoy being around our family any less, but I love being home more and more.
We really do feel settled here. Our house feels like home and our town feels like home. It's nice.
Brett decided on a whim last Saturday that our home needing a little updating. So, our kitchen was targeted. Poor unsuspecting kitchen. I didn't get any "before" pictures because Brett didn't give me any time before he had things ripped up. There will definitely be "after" pictures. Not everything will be finished. We are hoping to make it to a stopping spot in time for a few weeks of some very important visitors! If not, then I'm afraid we'll have to serve pizza and sandwiches every night. One more day on it and I think we'll be good to go.
Aidan and Emma have been playing really well together for the past two days. The usually get along well, but the past couple of days they have been having a lot of fun. This is good, unless you are their little sister. Poor Gigi. She's been my shadow and I've been trying hard, amidst our mess, to pay extra attention to her.
I've been staying up late for the past few nights planning next year's school year. Tonight I'm going to go to bed regardless of the piles of stuff that still need my attention.
Veronica is growing up so fast. She loves grabbing my face and giggles any time Aidan says anything. He will ask me what time we are leaving, "giggle, giggle", tell me he's going outside, "giggle, giggle", inform me that he wants to have a snack, "giggle, giggle". Truly, it matters not to this little one. She loves her big brother and no one is going to convince her otherwise (and I wouldn't even try).
No comments:
Post a Comment