On a whim, a week and a half ago, my I-like-my-time-off-as-long-as-I-have-something-to-do husband decided that "we" (meaning "he") were going to update the kitchen. When we bought this house the kitchen was not the selling point. The kitchen has been on our list of things to do ever since we moved in, but we just haven't had the time. We bought a portable dishwasher because the kitchen didn't have one, and we were lacking major counter/cupboard space. Within days of moving in we hung some cupboards on one wall, but the kitchen has never been practical or very fun to use. We adapted, but it took some effort.
Thanks to my super-handy husband, we now have a kitchen that looks nice (ignore the non-painting...we didn't have time to do that before our summer guests arrive) and a dishwasher that is installed under the counter that I don't have roll across the floor and plug-in to the wall and sink.

Pay no attention to the water bottles on the counter.
2 comments:
Wow - jealous! Looks great, Brett! Our kitchen and bathroom (as you know!) need major overhaul, but we don't expect to get to that in the next many years, if ever. So I think a couple years after moving in is pretty darn great! If Brett ever wants to move in here for awhile and get ours done, too, we'll feed him! ;)
I just stopped over to check out your blog, and wow Brett is reno'ing the kitchen eh?! Don't know what it looked like before but it looks nice now. Someday we'll actually see it in person.
Angie S.
Post a Comment