Several years ago a friend gave us a cd that she had made for her daughter and she made an extra copy of it for us. There is a particular tune on it that my kids will sing over and over again. This song is sung especially in the summer when they want to go "campin', feels so good. Campin', here in the woods. Campin', makes me sing, oh how I want to go campin'."
After many obstacles, including a "discussion" between Brett and I after driving for an hour to a primitive campsite that included only a fire ring and a place for the tent, we finally went camping at a campground that was "rough" enough for the men and was "comfortable" enough for us women. Looking back on it, I'm sure we would have been fine. However, at the time I had no desire to teach the girls how to take care of "business" in the woods. Ah, the differences between men and women.
We all had a great time although some of us slept more than others. "Others" were hearing all sorts of wild animals walking past the tent. I was very happy to see the sun come shining through the next morning.
Three kiddos all ready to begin the adventure!
The girls kept begging to go into the tent the second Brett got it all set up.
Part of our hike took us out into the middle of this field.
Brett and Gianna taking in the view.
1 comment:
Oh, Meghan. You are a braver woman than I. :)
Susannah still hears that song and calls it "Aidan's Favorite." :) I wish we could see you all again sometime soon!
Post a Comment