Thursday, March 3, 2011

36 1/2 week Daybook

For Today:
March 3, 2011

Outside my window...It's cloudy and was snowing lightly. The ugliness of the melt we had a couple of weeks ago hasn't been covered up, but the fresh snow is nice.

I am thinking....about my new kitchen, in our new-to-us house that we haven't moved into yet, but will sometime in the near future. Oh dear...I'm thinking about all the things we have to do to get to that point and thinking that maybe we've made a huge mistake....that's all normal right?

I am thankful for...a continued healthy pregnancy, a job for my husband, birthdays (someone is 33 today!), in-laws who will be coming to help with the new baby and a move, parents who have always been supportive in their own way.

Our homeschool today...got off to a slow start, but is coming along nicely. The first part of the morning has been spent on making posters and cards for a certain person in the house. We're doing more "table work" than I would like these days, but it's getting us through this late part of pregnancy and everyone is learning something.

From the kitchen...blueberry pancakes on the skillet for lunch along with sausage, cupcake cones for our afternoon celebration, and a dishwasher that needs unloading.

I am wearing...a comfy sweater and a maternity skirt (the only thing that's fitting these days), panda bear socks and my hair in a pony tail.

I am creating...list after list after list. We have a "before we close on the house" list, a "before the baby is born" list, a "what needs to be packed for our stay at the hospital" list, a "what we need to do once we have possession of the house" list, a "dreaming about what we would like to do to the house" list, a "what we need to do to move out of this house" list, a "what we need to do to keep from going crazy" list, and a "Lenten sacrifices" list.

I am going...to have a baby very soon. How soon? Who knows. Doc says, "anytime". Great. I'm really hoping for after Brett is finished with all of his obligations, and of course it would be good to wait until my in-laws were here. Time will tell.

I am reading...Jane Austen's "Emma". I just finished "Unplanned" by former Planned Parenthood director Abby Johnson. Good read. Not a literary piece of art, but a great look at the inside of an institution that every one knows about. A more detailed "review" will be coming.
I want to read "1000 gifts" because I'm intrigued. Almost every one I know is reading it, has read it, or wants to read it. I might just treat myself to the Nook version.

I am hoping and praying...for a healthy baby/healthy momma outcome to our impending birth, for some super cool ladies who are currently expecting, for a smooth transition to our new home, for our state government to work (literally), for this baby to stay put for a little longer.

I am hearing...my eldest fuming in his room (have you ever heard someone fuming? I promise you can), the two "for now" youngest playing (or is it the youngest bossing the other around...hmmm), my sweet Emma concentrating on her schoolwork despite the distractions (you can hear someone concentrating too, I promise).

Around the house...ha! Don't even get me started. I'm in denial.

One of my favorite things...a day where we don't have to go anywhere.

A few plans for the rest of the week...not to have a baby, finish some lists, celebrate a birthday, finish (er start) our tax return

A picture thought:


I introduced the kids to "Fun Dip" a couple of days ago. Brett and I were remembering about some classic concession stand food and "Fun Dip" came up. I found some on sale and thought I'd let the kids give it a try. Not sure what I was thinking, but it was fun reliving the memory of the chalky flavored stick in the yummy 135% sugar.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Yay for finding a house! Yay for baby coming soon! Yay for you being a super-duper mommy! Yay for you being a wonderful friend! Love you, friend!