Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Posting again!

December 13, 2011

Outside my window...It's dark and I think foggy.  I would be able to tell if it wasn't so dark.  The weather is warm, relatively speaking, and we have an unimpressive amount of snow on the ground. 

I can hear...A baby sucking on her pacifier, Aidan's bed crack with every "I can't get to sleep" move he makes, the dishwasher running, and the washing machine running.  Actually, I can't hear that last one, but I know it's happening, does that count?

Tonight...We ended on a high note although I can't say that today was the best of days.  Some of us may have been a little short-tempered, others of us may have been acting like an oldest child, and yet others still could have been letting her redheadedness get the best of her.  Oh, there is the one that may have begun an "in one ear and out the other" phase (please let this be a short phase).  I am making an educated guess that we all need to get out of the house, and if Mr.Sun could peek out from behind the clouds to say hello I don't think that would hurt at all.

Around the house...When we first looked at this house I immediately started decorating for Christmas.  Okay, that's a big, fat lie.  When we first looked at this house I told Brett that there was no way on this green earth that I would even contemplate buying this house.  I never wanted to step foot in this house again, and that was the end of that!  I think God has been using this year to teach me many lessons.  But I digress...Once this house was ours and I could be in it for more that fifteen minutes without wanting to scream and pull my hair out, I started decorating for Christmas (well, in my mind).  And now it's decorated for real.  I have the perfect place for my Nativity, the perfect place for our tree (even if it isn't real...shhhh), and for the first time since we were married, a mantle on which to hang our stockings! 

In the kitchen...We had meatloaf for dinner, and I have chicken thawing to hopefully become Chicken Rice Soup for dinner tomorrow night.  If I'm feeling ambitious and generous (has to happen at the same time) I will make my family homemade bread for dinner tomorrow night.  If not, they will have crackers with their soup.  I have very little I can eat in the house right now so when the kids are at karate tomorrow I'll remedy that and I have promised myself and our budget that I'm going to purchase regular food that I can eat instead of "safe" comfort foods which are way overpriced. 

Our homeschool....We are working hard this final week before we take off for Christmas break.  One aspect of our homeschool is that we follow Brett's schedule so when the University is off, we are off.  This year I couldn't bring myself to following that rule because they aren't officially done until the 23rd.  No way!  We have Advent/Christmas books to read, and yummy treats to make, and other preparations for Christmas.

On my mind...I've been thinking a lot about how I spend my time.  Blog? Don't blog? Facebook? No Facebook? Should I sew? Should I knit? Should I read? Hmmm....I still haven't found answers to all of this, but I am trying to be more purposeful in what I do during the day.  Also, can someone please open a store for girls that sells decent clothing?  Ick!  I have four sweet girls, and I intend to keep them sweet girls for as long as I have the power to do that.  I'm loving our school uniforms this year because they are cute and modest and cute (did I say that).  Where's cute?  Where's modest?  Hello?!?!?!?!  I can't be the only mother who struggles with this.

Praying for...friends who are struggling with their marriage, sick friends, pregnant friends, sad friends, lots of friends.  Please pray with me. 

The joy of my day...As much as I complained about my kids today, I am so grateful for each one.  This world is better because they are in it.  The youngest little one is taking her first crawling steps and it is such a joy to watch all of her siblings rejoice with her.  I am surrounded by blessings.

Some pictures to brighten your day...
Doesn't Emma look so big?  Before the weather turned warm and melted all the snow the kids were having a blast sledding down our super-awesome hill.

I love this girl!



Plans for the rest of this week...A little karate, Brett has a gig coming up, finishing school, getting some Christmas stuff ready, feeding my family real food, getting outside a bit, reading a bit. 

No comments: