I really hadn't intended on such a long break between posts to this space. Tonight is the lucky "posting night" because I'm sick and in bed early, but can't fall asleep due to constant coughing spells that wake up the sweet and cold-ridden baby who is laying next to me. This could be a long night, but enough whining.
We have recently returned from SD where we spent about 9 days visiting our families and friends. My parents moved into a new home and it is lovely. It was a little strange not going "home", but I handled it better than I thought I would.
Brett is working on our basement "remodel" which has taken much, much longer than we had thought and cost much, much more than we expected. The end is in sight and hopefully in a couple of weeks we will be moving in (our schoolroom!). I am loving our new house more and more. We have much more space and waking up in the woods...well, you just can't beat that. The only problem is that I never want to leave. This once very social individual has turned into quite a recluse I'm afraid.
On another note. I watched the first episode of "The Gist" on CatholicTV this afternoon, and although I really, really wanted to like it...I just didn't. Any of my Catholic mommy friends out there see it? What did you think?
So there you have it. A very random first post of 2012. I'll end with a Nica funny:
Nica- Mommy, guess what pet I want to have.
Me- Okay, hampster (no), mouse (no), dog (no), fly (giggle, no)...
...I don't know, tell me.
Nica- I don't know! (Giggle, giggle, giggle)
Ah, two and a half year olds.
 |
| Here's the man. I could do without the facial hair, but I'll take what I can get. |
 |
| Emma was slightly excited about getting a Kindle for Christmas. |
 |
| Cuteness. |
 |
| Ever see a man play a nose flute? Now you have. |
 |
| The animal lover loved my parents' dog Nicki. |
 |
| Two sweet gals. (In case you're wondering, the blonde, curly-haired lady is my sister). |
 |
| Sadie knew whose chair to lay next to. |
 |
| Lots of reading happened this vacation. |
 |
| Two redheads. |
1 comment:
Great updates and photos! Happy new year, Joneses!
Post a Comment