I've promised my husband, my children, and myself that I would go to sleep as soon as the baby did tonight. I'm not quite there. I was in a "bloggy" mood. That sounds like a fun mood to be in. "How are you?" "Oh, bloggy, just bloggy!".
We returned home from our "that-was-so-great-seeing-every-one-I'm-so-happy-we're-not-making-that-drive-for-another-6-months" vacation with a couple of sickies. The two youngest and myself had/have colds. Like the mother on Pride and Prejudice said (Colin Firth version because in my opinion there is no other one), "No one dies from a trifle cold!" Perhaps not, but we've been pretty miserable.
I wanted to be the mom that smiled and met everyone's needs with joy and patience and understanding. Instead, I've been the mom who makes the 10-year-old make meals and clean up after them. I've been trying to catch a nap whenever I can get it, even if it means my children have had way too much "screen time". I wish I felt worse for being crabby, and irritable, and a bear. They don't mind, I postponed the beginning of our semester until next Tuesday. Gianna may have shed a single solitary tear because she was looking forward to doing Math, but I think I've been forgiven for my less-than-wonderful mood.
And on that note, eventually I won't be able to "buy" my children and husband's forgiveness (I will run out of leverage at some point) so I should sleep because my bed-buddy is sound asleep and not sniffling, coughing, or wheezing. I am going to curl up with her, listen to the sound of the humidifier for another night and say some prayers for lots of people who have much more serious issues than a few people with some colds.
No comments:
Post a Comment