Outside my window- The clouds have come back, which means, we can go outside again. We've had a handful of sub-zero (literally) temperatures. The kids will be sad to take the cats back outside, but I'll be happy that I can send kids out with them.
In the kitchen- There is a large pot of beef/venison (from last year, boo) soup boiling. We are having friends over tonight to sled and eat. I love that my husband cooks when we have company. I do the day-to-day stuff, but he's great at the "company food". In fact, he rocks.
I'm hearing- The clock my parents gave us for Christmas sing half-past one. The two oldest girls sing to the cats in the 3-season room. The pot of soup humming while it boils. Alright, that was taking an artistic liberty...it's not humming.
I'm grateful for- My husband who came home early from a conference because of the threat of bad weather. Grateful the bad weather didn't happen and I get an extra day with my whole family before the week starts. Grateful my baby is pulling up and pushing her little walker around. I hope you all don't get sick of hearing about her, because my heart is bursting full of love for our sweet one who we almost lost. Wow! I can't even describe how I'm feeling as her first birthday approaches.
I'm hopeful- There is a good chance that some very dear friends will be coming to see us soon. The house is abuzz with excitement as my older two start to plan some activities and everyone is just plain excited.
Praying for- March for Life, my dad, Auggie, Archbishop Chaput, our seminarians, the big election coming up. Will you pray too?
Our homeschool- We're are *this close* to moving into our school room. I might even have *gasp* mason jars in the windowsills. Okay, maybe not, but if I did what beautiful pictures they would make.
I'm creating- Some regular schedules, some organization, some better habbits, some happier kids,a real life letter to a friend.
This week- A doctor's appointment for Felicity (please pray we can figure something to help her with her reflux), a lot of karate to make up for when everyone was sick, a regular school/work schedule, hopefully some snow.
Seeing the fruits- The kids had a sleepover in the family room the night Brett was away and it was Aidan's turn to pick the movie. He picked the movie he knew Gianna was absolutely dying to watch. Those two in particular do not get along the greatest (that may be an understatement) so this was so nice to see.
No picture this time, but I guarantee some good ones coming up soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment