Thursday, January 19, 2012

Smarter

Are all oldest children smarter than their parents?  I'm just wondering because mine certainly is. 

My days are full of comments like, "I know", "I'm going to", "I have to do this first", "I'm not doing it that way".  Oh my!  If I didn't love this kid like crazy I would, I would, I would...I would really, really not like him. 


3 comments:

Blair said...

Mary Clare has always been one step ahead of me. I worry about the teenage years. She might as well take over the family. Today she was telling me how to discipline her brother, but I had to remind her that she disobeys the same way and would she want that consequence ;-)

Heidi said...

I hear it's the age. At least that's what my more experienced mom friends with 8-10yo boys tell me. They keep assuring me it improves.

I really hope so.

frozenjonesfam said...

My oldest *is* 10. :-) Sorry if I dashed your dreams away. :-) There is a fine line between letting my mini-alpha-male take a leadership role and letting him think that he actually does know more than me. Lol!I haven't found that balance yet.
Blaire-That's a great way to handle the little mommy in Mary Clare. I find when I keep my cool with Aidan I can help him see that he is expecting perfection from all but himself.