Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Separation Anxiety

I just read a blog post about the upcoming election.  Every part in my being wants to hide from this election.  Is it awful to say that as long as the current President gets replaced I don't really care who gets elected?  I don't really feel that way, but almost. 

The issue this "commenter" had with Rick Santorum (for the record, we haven't decided who we support...this is just what the topic was on) was that he is a Catholic.    Not a Catholic!  Run!  Okay, maybe that was a little dramatic.  She went on and on about the whole separation of church and state thing.  She claimed that she wanted a President working for her, not the Vatican (it would be pretty amusing if it wasn't true).  

Do people not remember what the separation of church and state was all about?  It was to protect the Church....you know that whole "religious freedom" thing that seems to be flying out the window.

Where's the separation when Catholic nurses are being forced into assisting abortions, or pharmacists are being forced to prescribe contraceptives, or contraception is mandatory coverage on all healthcare plans regardless of a religious affiliation? Or a less obvious "separation" when schools are being soooo pc in their Christmas programs that "Christmas" isn't even a part of them although every other religion is.  Am I in favor of separation of church and state.  Uh, yeah!

In less political news...I just tried to warm my coffee up in the refrigerator.  I'm that exhausted.  What a blessing Felicity is, and what lessons we are continuously being taught.  The lesson yesterday was, "Regardless of if you agree with the doctor you must refrain from reaching across the room and throwing a punch, or grabbing said doctor by the face and say, 'look at my eyes...you're not listening to me!'" Oy! The lesson last night was just being you stepped foot into a doctor's office doesn't mean that she's going to be cured and she's still going to keep you up all night long.

I should stop hiding my kids...uh, I mean should get on with my day!  

No comments: