The Stitch: Actually, make that 4 stitches, and in Gianna's knee. This poor girl. First her sledding, "head meets pole" incident and now this. The story isn't really that great either. We were at a neighbor's house for dinner, the kids were playing quietly in the living room, and bam, a sliced knee. Gianna thinks she maybe, might have been walking, or maybe running, and her eyes might have been closed. I still don't know what she cut her knee on, but it was bad. We said, "Thank you very much for dinner, sorry to eat and run" and Brett dropped the rest of us off at home and took Gigi to "Urgent Care". I hated not being there for my girl, but I knew that Brett was fully capable, and he played the "rescuing father" quite well.
The Time: I performed an experiment today. I didn't check my phone or turn on my computer all day. Wanna know what happened while I was "not checking in" with the whole world? A couple of things.
#1: Nothing. Every one's life was completely unaltered by my "absence".
#2: Everything. I was present to my children and we had the absolute best day possible. We got a lot accomplished in school, all of the household chores were completed, the kids got some free time outside (except for the above mentioned one who is on injured-reserves), every one's moods were great, fighting was at an all-time low, and I could go on and on. I won't. Let's just say my little experiment confirmed to me what I already know. Enough. Enough blogs, enough facebook, enough articles, reports, "findings". Enough is enough. It is important to be informed, but it is not important to know that "friend #123 ate at Taco Bell and saw the funniest dog in the car next to him". Okay, I completely made that up, but you get the gist (nope, still don't like it...if you were wondering or have any idea what I'm talking about). The point is, the technology will be turned off during the day and if/when I have free time I will spend a minimal amount of time doing necessary things. Like blogging, of course. And reading friends' blogs, and posting adorable pictures of my children or writing about controversial topics. Would she?
Wait and see....
No comments:
Post a Comment