Yesterday afternoon we enjoyed the unseasonably warm weather and went for a hike...out our back door. I haven't posted much about our new place. We are on about 5 acres and quite a bit of that is woods. We've spent most if not all of our "free" time fixing up the house and haven't paid much attention to the land yet. We have a lot of clearing to do and years and years worth of wood we will be burning.
So, out we went, hatchet in hand, and went to explore. I will admit that the thought of taking every one for an afternoon hike was not mine. Like many things, it never really sounds like a good idea, but I'm always so happy we did it. I never used to be like that. Weird. Anyway, Felicity loved being outside and pointed and enjoyed the trees, watching the cats hike with us (I'm telling ya, they think they are dogs), and feeling the maybe-a-little-too-cool breeze on her face.
No comments:
Post a Comment