Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Robin, His Merry (Wo)Men, and Lucy

I don't think it is bragging to say that my children have wonderful imaginations.  Their most recent "imaginings" have brought them to "Falcon Camp" where they all wear capes and sling bows and have quivers.

Aidan has painstakingly cut down mini-trees with his "Christmas Hatchet" and made bows out of them.  For the past three mornings the kids have set their alarms for 6:40am (not that they need alarms since they are usually up with that sunshine anyway) which is the exact time Brett has been getting back from his morning run (go him!) and is available for bow-stringing.

I have informed the motley crew that tomorrow morning's archery tournament has to postponed until after breakfast and morning chores, but secretly I wish I didn't have to be the grown up.  I want to be out there shooting those bows too.  They are really something else.







1 comment:

Heidi said...

I vote for not being a grown up :) Fire away and join in mama!