No, really. It's all about time.
It dawned on me a couple of weeks ago as I was pouring over some of my favorite blogs that there was a consistent theme. How we spend our time as mothers. Post after post it seems someone was always writing about how to balance the time on the computer (specifically) and the rest of our motherly duties, especially those of us who homeschool. The conclusion I came to? Don't. Don't try to balance it. Eliminate it.
Truly. No, not the kids, the computer time.
If the computer and all the pinterest, facebook, blogging temptations knock you off track of the main purpose of your vocation, get rid of them.
I never signed up for Pinterest because I'm simply not crafty, and when I am, there are plenty of resources available (google anyone?) so I didn't feel the need to add that to my "computer time". Facebook? I've been off for awhile, other than to post a link for my brother-in-law, and I don't miss it. My blog reading has been knocked down as well. I added my favorites to my little reader thingy and that's it. I've limited my blog time to when kids are asleep, and if you know anything about our youngest you no know the reason I've been absent on my own blog.
I contemplated getting rid of this blog all together as well. Someday, I might. I do enjoy writing, and as much as I can say I write for myself, I also really hope that someone, somewhere is finding what I write either helpful or enjoyable or both. I do hope also that if my blog is burdensome in anyway that my little group of followers would not hesitate to give me the boot. I never want to be a source of frustration or discouragement.
And so, there ya go. And here's a little teaser of how our fall pictures went. My life, I love it.
2 comments:
I read your blog-and I compeltely agree though-I'm not on Facebook right now-I deactivated (again)
Its tooo easy to get sucked in. But the same can be said about watching movies, talking on the phone ect. Are we missing real time with people or writing real letters by using e-mail (or text which I don't have! I'd love to get together!
I love reading your blog, Meghan! I completely hear you about cutting back or cutting out completely. I do enjoy reading your blog, but pulled all the blogs I used to follow off my Blogger reader page, because it was sucking too much of my time. So I read, but sporadically. (See, I'm almost a month late on this post! :) I LOVE your pictures and seeing the family. I have to show these pictures to AW!
Post a Comment