Apparently I have something against writing a blog post without a picture to go with it which is why I haven't written in a very long time. My "computer" (you can hardly call this machine a computer) has been sitting, uncharged, and I haven't loaded any new pictures on it lately.
1. For the first time in my "memory" I can see without any glasses or contacts. I got my first pair of glasses in second grade with a fairly hefty prescription and I truly have never been able to function without some sort of correction. Until now. Last week I had LASIK done on my eyes as a belated 25th birthday present from my very generous parents (very belated since I will be 32 in a week). When it was first offered I was either pregnant or breastfeeding a small infant and the timing didn't work out. We've had a little window and I jumped on it, and now I can see. What an amazing technology. I'm self-admittedly hard on modern medicine, but this procedure is one I can get behind. Wow!
2. This probably doesn't surprise you, but I was disappointed in the results of the big election we just had. Bummer. Too much to say, and haven't really found the best way to explain. I admit that regardless of what "side" anyone is on, we all want what this country promises us. We just don't all agree about how to ensure that happens. The goal with discussing politics is to do so with love. Just love. Sometimes loving means saying things to get someone to think more deeply about a situation, but sometimes it means to just shut-up (which is a swear word in our family and I have to laugh as I felt a little edgy typing it just then).
P.S. I'm grateful that I can disagree with some of my family members on these issues and still love them to pieces.
3. We have a wolf living in our woods. Aidan happened upon him while playing, they looked each other in the eyes, Aidan backed out, and now we have a trail cam set up in our-campsite-before-we-knew-we-had-a-wolf-living-there. I can relate a little to Laura Ingalls when she could hear the wolves howling outside of her house in the Big Woods (uhmm....yeah, that's pretty much here). He howled the other night and it truly sends shivers up and down the spine. Creepy.
4. My kids rock. There, I said it. No particular reason, they are just fun to be around.
5. Brett built a deck this fall and just in time for the snow to fly.
6. Veronica is not a little kid. Whenever I have the two youngest with me and say something about the two "little ones" she loudly corrects, "I'm not a little one. *I'm* a big sister".
7. Felicity is growing up. She is a constant reminder of the great blessings of this life.
8. We took last week off of school, and I wish I could say that I used the whole time to plan for the next handful of weeks. Nope, I didn't.
9. I wish I lived closer to our families.
10. Have I mentioned on here that in a couple of years we are taking the crew to Scotland for 3 weeks while Brett teaches in an exchange program? I'm just starting to believe it, and getting really excited about it. I'm afraid as the time gets closer you all will be sick of hearing about it.
1 comment:
You will have to email me when you get closer to your Scottish trip. I've been over...hmm...I think four times? It's one of my VERY favorite countries and the Scots, some of the kindest people in the WORLD.
(You won't understand them at first but tha's okay.)
Happy Thanksgiving, Meghan!
Post a Comment