Wednesday, February 13, 2013

It's Lent

Wow!  Darn that liturgical calendar.  I feel like we just put our Christmas stuff away, and here we are.  Lent.  Although it came upon us quickly, I am not unprepared this year.  I have many, many things to pray for and work on and grow in.  So many in fact that I forced myself to narrow it down lest I fall victim to the "set-myself-up-for-failure" syndrome that has plagued me before during this wonderful season.

This week has been full of excitement and sadness.  Monday morning's news of our Holy Father's retirement set a tone for this Lent for sure. 

This week is also the beginning of "birthday season" (not to be confused with the Christmas season that just ended).  We have 4 birthdays within 3 weeks of one another.  During Lent.  Oy! 

Here we go!!!!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

TIME TO REPENT!

Unknown said...

I completely hear you. I agree about a unique tone for this particular Lent, one we'll never forget. I hope to be praying hard and fervently this season. I am sad about Pope Benedict and will miss him. I've checked out "My Brother, The Pope" by Msgr. Georg Ratzinger to try to get to know him a little better. I will also read his writings but right now have too many books going that I need to wrap up.

Our birthday season is not till May-August (that's all the kids) but mine is always in Lent.

Blessed and wonderful Lent! Our priest reminded us today that "It's not about you, so get over yourselves." Jen at Conversion Diary said almost the same thing in her Quick Takes. It's about Jesus. So our sacrifices should turn us to Him.

Much love, and best wishes,
Lindsey