Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Sugar and Spice

..and everything nice.  That's what little girls are made of. 

We have been blessed with a wonderful son as our oldest child, followed by 4 full-of-sugar-and-a-mighty-dose-of-spice girls.


Early last week I had a doctor's appointment, with ultrasound, and this time around we decided to find out what this next sweet babe's gender is.


 Brett was out of town and the kids were over at the neighbor's so I was the only one who knew.  I told my neighbor, who quickly "whipped up" the beautiful cake you see pictured here.  We've never done a big "reveal" so this was very exciting!

 The secret was out at the first cut.  I think every one was in shock and very excited!


What does Aidan think about another sister? 

He is thrilled.  Really.  He was just being a goof in the pic because well...he's almost 12 and I think that's what almost-12-year-old boys do.

So that will make 1 boy and 5 girls! And here I thought I was going to be one of those mom's of all boys.  God sure does have a sense of humor.  

Please pray for me and our newest treasure as we round the corner into the final few months of pregnancy.  Although I know that what happened with Felicity will likely never happen again, this pregnancy has been harder on the nerves than I expected it would be. 

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Congratulations! Just tried to call. What fun with your "reveal cake." Aidan will make an awesome husband or priest one day- they both need to understand and relate to women to be happy & successful. Ha,ha. :) You are awesome & I miss you lots!!

Heather K said...

What an awesome idea-I might use it if I get preggo. We've never found out before ...you guys?