Thursday, August 22, 2013

It's Not Over 'til It's Over

Summer decided to show up after all.  We were sure that we were going to head straight into fall and miss the warm weather altogether.  I'm very thankful for our little wall A/C unit that has kept our house very nice.  I am also thankful for the windows in my kitchen and dining room where I can sit in my comfortable house and watch the kids splash each other with water.  Life is good.



Our summer has been packed full.  As usual.  Traveling, having guests, doing projects, growing a baby.  We always say that we aren't going to do quite so much during the summer, but in the end we just can't seem to make that work.  We have people to see, things to do.  



School starts up for all of us on Monday.  We follow Brett's schedule and so we begin.  I've spent the past few nights getting ready, writing plans, making lists, thinking, and over-thinking.  The budget is rather puny (read: non-existent) this year (but man, that chicken coop is awesome!) so I'm scaling back, not buying stuff, and making lists of good books we're going to read.  Aidan was reminding me of some great books that the "little ones" don't remember because they were too small when we last read them together.  I'm excited about this year.  It seems complicated to plan, but looks so lovely when it's planned.  Simple.  Just what we'll need this year.  

I contemplated not starting school until after this sweet babe arrives.  After all, we are just going to get going and we'll have a wonderful interruption almost immediately.  But, our break can't last forever and a little routine will be good for all of us.

I'm excited to spend the year with these little people.  Some aren't so little anymore, and some will be oh-so-tiny (we can't wait to meet you!).  What will the school year hold?  Some very exciting things to be sure (that actually have nothing to do with a baby), and I'm sure we will have those "hey, school bus, you forgot some!" moments.  I don't doubt that it will be a year, full.  Now, can I focus and stay attentive to my goal?  Can I weed out the tiredness, and criticism, and jealousies and keep going?  Pray that I can, I'll pray for you!

1 comment:

Claudia said...

Praying for your upcoming adventure of welcoming the new baby! Also, will be eagerly watching the blog in these next couple of weeks.