I've started writing this post 4 times now. No matter how hard I tried, every word was wrong. I wasn't writing about anything profound, but found myself getting whiny and complaining and that's not going to work. I'll just say this: I'm cold! There, that should do it.
This sweet love thought I had lost it one day when I bundled her up to take her outside. She looked at me with absolute horror and then the wind took her breath away (literally) and we decided to head back inside. Desperate times baby. It was finally above 0 degrees, I had to get out, even if only for 2 minutes.
This little critter doesn't mind if she never steps foot outside. After all, while the big kids are out freezing their tails off, she has free-reign of their rooms. She thought she would try out the Troll mask. Scared?
Cold weather and an absentee, recital-gettin'-ready-for husband has made our days pretty long. Someday I'll get to hear him play again, but it wasn't meant to be this time around so we planned a surprise "Daddy's-done-with-his-recital" party. I love that we're a party just by ourselves.
HIs recital is over and we're just about to start "birthday season". We have 4 birthdays in the span of 2 1/2 weeks. The exciting part? Only one of those birthdays falls at the beginning of Lent (sorry for the reminder, but yes, Lent is really that close). I've had the first of those birthdays on Ash Wednesday before. Of course, as always, I'll hold my sweet Felicity closer than ever on Mardi Gras, even if it isn't her birthday this year. But, no need to go "there" just yet. We'll just plug away, nurse these colds away, and wish the cold away!!!




2 comments:
Tim's collecting his dissertation data the next two weeks...I think I might understand preparing for recital husband.....
I do love seeing and hearing all about your family adventures (and what you are up to in your little homeschool) even though I don't comment often. :)
I have been a bit of a deadbeat comment-leaver but it is NOT because I don't love you! Have fun with those precious little ones (and they are so, so precious--LOVE! your kids) and celebrate every last birthday. Yes, it may be Lent when you celebrate but Our Lord is all about love and life. Not the letter of the law, you know?
So blessed to be able to see you all, truly. My husband remarked on the way there (from the caves), "On days like today, she picked a good name for her blog!"
Love you! Or have I said that already?♥
Post a Comment