Monday, June 2, 2014

A Great Day

Today is a great day.  It's not a perfect day.  Not a day without frustration or challenges.  Nonetheless, it is a great day!

This morning we were able to go to the Thanksgiving Mass of the freshly (as of yesterday) ordained Fr.David!  This 26-year-old young man has blessed our diocese and the Church with his "yes" to God's call.  It was a precious sight as he celebrated Mass with over a dozen newly ordained men alongside him.

I couldn't help but to smile to myself as I observed that Fr.David does, just a little bit, look like a boy playing dress-up in priestly vestments.  He is solid in his faith, and he exudes a sincere joy that can only be from the Lord.  We've been so blessed to get to know him these past 7 years since moving to Wisconsin.  I have no doubt that God has great plans for him as He does for all of us.

Not the newly-ordained, but these two men new each other from seminary.  The Italian on the left is our dear friend and pastor Fr.Andrew! Turns out that this was the only picture I took of the ordination/reception.  


This weekend was full, full, full.  I'm still processing it all.  I was able to travel down to the Cities with Emma and Marci and enjoy a great day and a half with great friends at the Catholic Homeschooling Conference.

In the next few days I hope to write down what's in my head and on my heart.  For now, it's re-entry time.  It didn't take long for me to come down from my cloud to the reality of life with 6 kids and a husband who all have very real, and oftentimes immediate needs.

I'll be back soon!  (I promise this time.  I was reminded by a friend at the conference that I sorta just left you hanging after that last post.  Sorry!!!!!  Felicity is doing fine.  Still running some tests, but she's healthy right now and that's a huge blessing.)


1 comment:

Heidi said...

I too came home with so many things buzzing around in my head! On one hand feeling really refreshed and renewed, on the other hand feeling a little overwhelmed with all the catch up that needed to be done (although Tim held things down just fine), then my third hand thought I should just curl up in bed and sleep for about a week. It's really unfortunate that hand ended up losing the battle....

It was so great to see you and Marci. She is seriously a doll! I could have kept squishing her all day :)