Saturday, January 24, 2015

Goplayoutside!

Yes, one word.  "Goplayoutside!!!!"  That's right.  The prodigal blogger returns to be bossy!  "Goplayoutside."

I'm not really being bossy.  Okay, maybe just a little bit.

We just came out of 2 1/2 weeks of intense karate training, so Little Miss could get her black belt.  When I say "we" I mean the 3 oldest kids were either training or acting as training partners. That meant driving to town every evening for karate plus a couple of loooooong weekends of training.  I put my time in on the road and the kids put their time in on the mat.  

It just so happened that all of this time on the road corresponded perfectly with some sub-zero temps. Grrrrreat. 

This past week the temperatures rose and I declared it a no-karate-week (the activity is there to serve us, not the other way around, right?) so we got a lot of outside playing in.  

Yes, it takes a lot of work getting the youngest two dressed and out the door, but I've said it before, and I'm likely to say it again.  It's always worth it!!! These little, growing people (and us big people too) need the fresh air.  It's essential to our being!  

I love watching them all as they delight in nature.  I love watching them come up with new and sometimes-danerous-looking games.  I love the red cheeks, the contented sighs, the happy spirits. Kids need to get out!  They need to breathe.  They need time to wonder.  It is a necessity to their education.  Brains can't work unless they're given time to play.

Nice kick!

Happy, but tired.  So very tired!  

Toddlers in the snow are so much fun!

Laugh it up!  I was taking the picture seen above this one and took a step back to get a better shot.  I slipped and literally slid down the hill.  Sweet cheeks here thought it great sport.

DLF was hiding under our deck in preparation for a snowball fight.

Plotting!

I had no idea his coat turned into a vest until I saw him ripping the sleeves off.  Too funny!

She worked so diligently on this little snowman.



2 comments:

Jess P said...

Love the photos of everyone playing outside! We were just saying the other day how we missed your family. We'll have to get together soon.

claudia said...

what a lovely family!