We haven't had too much snow this winter and it has been remarkably "mild". I think anything would be mild, compared to last winter. Brett and I are trying to be better about "playing" as a family. It doesn't have to be a big deal, but all too often when we're home we are busy doing the regular day to day stuff.
We have a great trail right down the road from us. I was less thrilled about our adventure when I saw the wolf carcass that being eaten by two bald eagles and a handful of crows not too far from where we were going hiking (picture not included...you're welcome). Both the men assured me that the wolf was no longer a threat (I wasn't worried about *that* wolf...men!) and off we went.
It's so much fun watching the kids go off and explore. They run ahead on all sorts of adventures and then come running back. I was proud of myself for remembering this same spot from a hike we took this summer.
Being out in nature, together. It doesn't get much better. Wait. Being out in nature, together, without the mosquitoes and ticks. Bliss!
It was a little strange being out in the woods with just our snow boots on. Our poor snowshoes are feeling quite neglected, I'm afraid.
We won't get these times back. I've been trying to focus more and more on the here and now. Not be anxious about tomorrow, not fret about what did or didn't happen yesterday. I'm sure it's a life lesson that I will never master, but it won't be for lack of trying.



1 comment:
Your photos really capture the fun and fresh air that winter play can bring!
Post a Comment