Monday, March 9, 2015

Milestones, Memories, and aMazing

She's 4!

My sweet miracle is 4 years old.  She is healthier than she has ever been, sleeping more than she ever has (thank you!) and is in general growing and thriving.  I can't even explain how happy that makes me.

I am so very thankful for this little girl.   

This look!  She was delighted all day long that it was her birthday!
Having this sweetie in our lives has not always been easy.  There have been sleepless nights, hospital stays, therapy sessions, and that stinkin' reflux that seems like will never resolve.  But, oh my!  The joy!  The fun!  The love!  Everything else.

I don't ever want to forget what a gift we have been given!
Bonus visit from our friend, Fr.Patrick!  
We opted not to visit the NICU this year.  We haven't done it every year, and I'm always torn on what to do.  We are so very, very grateful to the doctors and nurses who cared for Felicity.  But, I once was the mom sitting by my daughter's bedside not knowing if I was every going to get to take her home.  I remember NICU "graduates" coming in to say "hello" and I remember not loving it.  So we minimize our visits.

This year we started off the day by some bonus time with our friend, Fr. Patrick, who kinda, sorta got locked out of where he was planning on staying so got to stay with us (yay us!!!!).  That was followed by Mass (time change...ugh), the zoo, and some great family time at home!  Felicity had a great day and it was super, duper fun having a day reserved just for her!

Happy 4th Birthday Felicity Perpetua!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday, big girl!