I vividly remember the first year we lived in B----, a place not known for it's dramatic seasons (an understatement perhaps). We were pulling up into our driveway after an outing at the library. Story hour that week had been devoted to the discussion of "fall". The leaves, the colors, the apples, etc... As we were entering the garage A--- says, "Hey mom, what's fall?".
"Well," I said, "this is fall" (note: it was about 97 degrees and it was October).
"Well," I said, "this is fall" (note: it was about 97 degrees and it was October).
"Oh, so fall is...just like summer?" Poor, poor child.
Nope....this,

my dear children......is Fall (at least the beginning of it).
The kids had a blast raking up their tiny little pile of leaves from our neighbor's birch trees and throwing them up into the air shouting, "It's fall! It's fall!"
3 comments:
It isn't fall yet, nor is it the beginnings of fall... it's just that you live at the North Pole. Here in Sacramento, we had a high of 107 today. :)
I can't wait to see more pretty colorful leave photos :) Thanks for sharing, I will be enjoying this blog whenever my hubby is at work :)
We don't get Fall till early-mid October, I am curious to see how "Fallish" it will be.
As a transplant to the Carolinas, I TOTALLY understand the season confusion. DD keeps wanting snow -- don't think it's going to happpen in great quantities down here. =D
Post a Comment