Sunday, April 26, 2009

What's New?!

I'm glad you asked. First of all, I've finally succeeded in using the computer "sparingly". I no longer feel the need to check my facebook friend's updates every 20 minutes. :-) What brought this about, I'm not sure. I'm amazed how how many hours there are in a day when I'm using the hours I've been given in a productive way. Yay!

In other news: Brett and I have taken a position with the diocese as the new directors of the Newman Center. Brett's employed on paper, I'm employed through an "understanding" with the Bishop. We have been putting in countless hours getting the place cleaned out and spruced up. Hopefully when the students return next year it will have a different feel and different look. We're hoping to put in many hours now so we can sit back and let the place run on it's own (through the student officers) more or less. It's been a great experience so far. We have so many ideas for the place and have great support from the diocese. We really want to make this a place for the students to grow in their faith and development meaningful and true friendships. Yesterday was spent running errands for the retreat that our fearless traveling nuns are putting on for the students and putting a together of box of activities for the kids to have so we don't have to cart stuff back and forth when we are working there.

The semester is winding down, which means single-motherhood for a couple of weeks. If these allergies would vanish I would be thrilled, but I'm extremely thankful for the green things I've been seeing. I'm not sure what you would call them...buds? Could it be?

2 comments:

Chad said...

Congrats on the new positions! What fun that would be--a tremendous amount of work but very well worth it! I'll be right there with you as the "single" mother for the next few weeks. Ah, finals and papers and presentations, oh my! It will be nice when summer is finally here, won't it? Our allergies are TERRIBLE here too! Do you ever use honey for your allergies? We just picked up ours today. Local, raw honey works great--it's nice to not have to give the kids medicine so much. Nice to hear what you guys are up to---we'll have to see if we can get together sometime this summer!

Meghan said...

I usually have a good supply of honey, but I got out of the habit of getting it for some reason. I have no idea where to get it here...the farmer's markets don't open until mid-June. Hmmmm...