Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Friends

Here's a little preview of what is to come. The funny part is that this is the only picture that the kids were instructed to "be goofy" for.

I have a lot of nice lengthy posts in my head that ya'll may or may not ever have the privilege to read. While I keep you wondering I thought I would share some pictures of some very goofy kids, 3/5 of which are ours. On our way home from my grandpa's funeral in Kansas we stopped to stay with some dear friends in Minnesota. Bill and Meredith have three wonderful kids...well, we are assuming the third is wonderful..she/he isn't due to arrive until the fall. We were too busy enjoying our time that we all forgot to take pictures of our visit. These pictures are an attempt to capture our time there...guess the kids sum it up quite accurately.

The pictures don't tell of much needed late-night chats with great friends who are plugging down the same path as we are or of all the wonderful meals that seemed to come right after another. Bill is godfather to Aidan and Brett and I are godparents to Isaac who although we joke about being a mini-Aidan (remember, same path) truly is a unique almost 4 year-old who is a pleasure to be around. And doesn't that last picture say it all about Simon...he's super sweet! Our short visit was a great ending to a not-so-wonderful-reason-to-be-traveling.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Aw, Meghan, thanks for your sweet words. We loved getting to see you again, though I wish you were on your way past for happier reasons.

I noted how both Aidan and Isaac were sticking their tongue out in the same direction. It's true, they're so similar!

Note to Emma: Bill is actually your Godfather. ;)

Meghan said...

Doh! Of course, how could we forget Bill is Godfather to Emma. I don't think you guys will ever forget the first meeting of Emma as she screamed all the way from the airport.

Isaac 'n Simon's Grandma Claudia said...

So glad to see these photos, Meghan! How great that Brett and Bill met so long ago and now your two growing families are so lively and interesting and share so much in common!