This post comes while staying with some great friends in Fort Collins, CO. We have begun our summer journey and we have about two more weeks to go until we pull up into our little garage in northwest WI.
The beginning of our trip was fantastic with lots of cousins and lots of my dad. He's looking fantastic. He's up and about and I think he's being pretty reasonable about taking naps when he needs them (I'm sure this part is hard for my dad who probably hasn't had a good nap since he was...oh, 3!) I'm anxious to get back and see him more. Every day he has been improving. He might even get to expand his walk and try some "hills" soon. Poor guy.
The kids have had fun with my sister's kids and will be very sad to come back to my parents' house to find that their bosom buddies are gone. We could have done without the hardships this summer, but I'm so thankful that these kiddos are forming such sweet relationships.
Last night before bed not one, not two, but three of our children were crying and saying how they just wanted to go home. They've never been the homesick type before so this was a new one. I have to admit that a three week long trip is not exactly my idea of a great time anymore and this will probably be the last of them. It just gets too long for everyone.
Right now I'm sitting in a house with 4 napping children...three of which are mine, and hope to get some Newman Center work done. The fall will be here before we know it.
I'll leave you with a picture of Emma before her ballet recital. She's getting so big. 
1 comment:
My kids were a little solemn that last day in Rapid without your kids...they play so nicely together and it makes my life easier when my kids are entertained by your kids. ;-) Have a good rest of your trip and get home safely!
Post a Comment