A lot has happened since I last posted. My dad finally woke up on Sunday evening and is now slowly, but surely healing. His speech still leaves a bit to be desired, but according to my mom everything that he has been saying has been spot on. In other words, everything he says is right for the situation, he just isn't saying as much as we would like him to. Of course, he is still on some heavy pain medication.
My mom told my sister that we might get a chance to talk to him tomorrow. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle that since my last conversation with him was a short one on Saturday before they came and got him for surgery...not easy. I can't wait to talk to him and I'm even more excited to see him. We were given strict instructions not to drop everything and go, so we'll be heading out soon at our regularly scheduled time.
In the meantime, dad could use some major prayers. He's an electrical engineer...if that's not enough to convince you...he really likes to be in control, and does not like being told what to do. So, this long road to recovery which is full of dos and don'ts is going to be tough for him both physically and emotionally.
No comments:
Post a Comment