Monday, September 28, 2009

40 Days for Life

In the comment section of my last post Lindsey made an accurate observation about life here on this little blog. It's been a little more lively as of late. There are a couple of reasons for that.

The first one is that I've been re-inspired to blog about things. It's that simple, and it actually had a lot to with a beautiful homeschooling blog about one of my favorite families in Texas. ;-) Ironically enough, Lindsey is the author of that blog and the teacher of that wonderful family!

The second reason is because I'm on a fast from Facebook for the success and safety of those involved in 40 Days For Life. I'm not telling you all this to be like the Pharisees who pray loudly and openly just to be seen. It's actually quite embarrassing that "fasting" from Facebook is even something that feels like a sacrifice. If I was *that* good, I would fast from something less artificial. But, I'm not. I'm weak, and in desperate need of a Savior, and He has taught me a lot about myself in this little fast of mine.

I've turned inward a bit and tried to focus on my family and what we're doing here and how we're focusing on living out our Faith in our home. Instead of dwelling on "she said what?", "I can't believe my 'friend' actually said something like that", "I would never admit that in public", I'm dwelling on "I said what to her?", "I can't believe I used that tone with him", and "A public school teacher would never have just reacted that way".

So, until November 1st please join me in praying for 40 days. Brett and a good friend are participating in the prayer vigil here and I especially pray for their safety because the abortion clinic in the area is the in worst neighborhood possible. Unless of course you are a "Lady of the Night" or a manager of such women, then it's the perfect neighborhood. Not to be too political, but man, with problems like these I'm sure glad our government has made it possible for people to purchase new cars because *that's* important. We are missing 1/3 of our generation because of a simple mantra, "my body, my choice". We all need to work and pray for an end to abortion.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Aw, thanks!! I love to have a post directed to me. :D

Glad to hear what y'all are up to. Keep praying. Your heart is in the right place!

Thank you very much for the link to 40 Days for Life.