Friday, September 25, 2009
Good times
A couple of weekends ago some great friends came to see us. Us women were on for the weekend as the men had some fun festivities they were attending. Okay, so they had a schola rehearsal and a conference on the Theology of the Body. Regardless, my very beautifully pregnant friend, Meredith, and I were "working" overtime. We managed to survive the weekend and only exchanged a minor cold in the process.
Our 4-year-old godson, Isaac! He and Aidan understood one another a little more than either Meredith or I would have liked. Both great kids, both challenges, both will leave their mark on this world, I've no doubt.
Meredith and Aidan.
We know these wonderful people are great friends. How do we know? Well, many reasons of course, but this picture identifies some specifics. In this picture Brett is wiping spit-up from Veronica's face with a pair of pants he happened to find laying on the ground. Neither Bill or Meredith judged us for being horrible parents or bad housekeepers. However, it gets better. Through his smile, Bill is actually commenting on how warm the spit-up was as it squished its way between his toes. Yep, great friends!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are too nice in your comments...but I do like the bit about spit-up on Bill's toes. He just said tonight how much he misses your Veronica. In love, he is.
We had such a nice time with you guys (through the Isaac challenges...), and apologize for the colds. I am really sorry about that!
What a very glowing (hilarious) tribute: you're too kind! It was blessing to be with you guys, as always. I can't wait for the next one.
Bill
Post a Comment