Now if that title doesn't completely suck you into this blog, what will. :-)
After many, many, many years of cloth diapering I have yet to discover the best method for nighttime diapering. Until now! I have finally found a diaper that works for nighttime. My baby "sleeps" all night which means that she's never fully awake in the middle of the night needing to be put "back" to sleep. Of course she wakes up enough to nurse herself silly in the middle of the night, but since my sleep is hardly disturbed during these times it doesn't count as being awake. But I digress.
The bamboo bumGenius diapers found here are the first diapers that have worked for us overnight. I love these! They are soaking wet come morning, but we've yet to have a leak or a rash or a stink from them. I give them 4 thumbs up (two of mine plus two of the baby's). I am ashamed to admit that I had given up on cloth during the night and have used disposables with the other kiddos. Surprisingly, I find it more difficult to do this because I not only need all of my cloth diapering stuff I also need disposable diapers and wipes. We don't have a lot of space so this poses a huge problem. Well, a problem no more.
For those times where I am behind on my laundry and don't have enough of the bamboo (I only bought 3 because I didn't know if they would work as I wanted them to) I have successfully used a second microfiber insert stuffed into a one-size bumgenius also found here.
Don't let all of these fancy diapers mislead you into thinking that I've dropped a ton of cash for everyday use. I'm still using the pro-wraps covers, which I still love over all of my other covers, and Chinese Pre-fold diapers I bought here, years ago.
The next step in my cloth diapering obsession is to make up a good reason to purchase these. Then I will be satisfied, or will I?!
1 comment:
Man, is it me, or did all these posts just pop up at once!?
Anyway, I'm not complaining; I enjoy reading about y'all!
Great that you have found a cloth diapering solution for nighttime!! I know that can be a real challenge. And, you're making me jones (hahaha) for cloth diapers! But I can't (whine, whine) because of my ridiculous washing machine!
I wish Anthony was the kind of co-sleeper/night nurser that you describe Little Miss to be. Instead, he has always kicked, pinched, been really rough, and had a hard time falling into a deep sleep ever. But still, we cosleep and night nurse, because he's just inconsolable without.
Post a Comment