For Today...January 25, 2010
Outside my window...It looks more like spring with the sloshy roads and wet, wet snow.
I am thinking...I don't want to fly again anytime soon. Most of the flights were fine, but we had an extremely rough and scary landing last night. I'm sure it was fine and the pilot was probably not concerned, but it was not fun for this passenger.
I am thankful for...A super, duper, wonderful weekend back "home" with my family for my dad's 60th birthday party. I'm thankful that he had a 60th birthday, and I'm thankful that my husband was so willing to hold down the fort with the three oldest kids so I could take the baby and celebrate my dad's life with them!!!!!
The learning room....sits vacant today. I called a "school day" to let us all reconnect and rest. Back to the grindstone tomorrow.
From the kitchen...We will warm up pizza and make peanut butter rice cakes for lunch. Dinner has been thought about, but no prep work has been done. Something warm and comfort-like.
I am wearing...my pajamas. A grey top with bright-colored striped fleece pants, and Christmas socks. My glasses are on, and I'm not sure I'll look much different for the rest of the day.
I am creating...an orderly house. Or at least I will after I take a nap.
I am going...nowhere. I'm not sure when I became such a "home body", but I'm good for awhile just staying put.
I am reading..."Anne of Green Gables" to the kids. It must have sunk in a bit before I left because when I talked to Emma on the phone while I was away she said, "Oh Mother, I miss you terribly!"
I am hoping and praying for...that same dear friend who got to see her precious growing baby last week, and for several of my expectant friends, and for a nation to realize that all life is precious. Also for a little boy and his battle with Leukemia.
I am hearing...Emma reading to Gianna and the heat blowing.
Around the house...there is a stillness that only comes with reading children. I'm going to focus on that for now, and not on the fact that while I was away not a lot was done to keep order.
One of my favorite things...is snow! We haven't seen a lot of it this year. I don't think we're going to get the snow that we were supposed to today and tonight, but I'll take what I can get.
A few plans for the rest of the week: I'm planning on not getting this cold that is threatening me. I plan on getting the house back in order. I'm planning on using what we have in the house to make meals. The week might have different plans for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment