Monday, January 11, 2010

~The Simple Woman's Daybook

~The Simple Woman's Daybook~
FOR TODAY
January 11, 2010...

Outside my window...The sun is shining and it's not below zero which is a rare combination up here in the winter.

I am thinking... Christmas break went way too fast and I should have spent more time planning our next semester of school.

I am thankful for... Children who wake up and do the tasks they are supposed to do upon awakening. It's been a long journey to get to this point.

From the learning rooms...We began our first day back after the break. The children are ready to begin again and are excited to start new things. I haven't broken it to them that I didn't plan much for this week.

From the kitchen... A roast is in the crockpot and the carrots and potatoes are cut up and ready to be put it a little later. I love it when I prepare dinner in the morning. Such a freeing feeling.

I am wearing... A long jean skirt with long johns to keep my legs warm, a black turtleneck sweater, and Christmas socks.

I am creating... My first "daybook" post. I've been meaning to do one for a long time.

I am going... To finish my daily chores, and work on being more joyful to my family and towards my work.

I am reading... "In Conversation With God: Ordinary Time Weeks 1-12", "The Soul of the Apostolate", "Day of War" (a book a friend of mine wrote which will be turned into a major motion picture soon)

I am hoping and praying... For a dear friend who is expecting, that she gets to welcome this child into her family here on earth instead of joining his/her 4 siblings in heavem.

I am hearing... A sleeping baby breathing while "finishing" her nap, and Gigi yelling at someone about something. Unfortunately the latter is not and unusual sound.

Around the house... Our house is feeling more and more like home especially now that we completed some projects that we had wanted to do since we moved in 2 1/2 years ago.

One of my favorite things... A fresh dusting of snow.

A few plans for the rest of the week: This week will be business as usual. Brett is back at work, but without students so hopefully we will ease into this semester. Our school routine is not demanding, but we will focus on sticking to it. I'm introducing a new history program this semester and we will begin that this week. Aidan also really wants to continue his science which was lost in the shuffle this first semester. Karate is back up and running. The weather is supposed to be beautiful this week so I hope to get out a bit.
picture here)

3 comments:

Wade Katie and the boys said...

Don't you love it when the kids wake up and you don't have to tell them everything to do.
I will add her and the precious life growing inside of her to our prayer list.
My two older boys just started taekwondo.
Have a great day!

Lindsey said...

What history are you starting up this semester? We're going to do ancient Greek history. I just ordered Famous Men of Greece from Memoria Press.

Sara said...

I love you. Thank you!