Saturday, September 25, 2010

A Beautiful Saturday Daybook

For Today

September 25, 2010 (My much older and wiser sister's birthday!)


Outside my window...The leaves are falling, the sun is shining and there's just enough of a breeze to carry the kids' bubbles across the yard.


I am thinking...About how I spend my time, where I spend my time, and with whom (fancy huh?) I spend my time.


I am thankful for...A healthy pregnancy, a husband who has a job he loves, sweet kids who are each other's best friends.


From the school room...School is in full force. Now that I'm feeling human for most of the day we have been able to really tackle some good schoolwork. The kids have been great about getting their work done. I truly love teaching my children at home, but that's another post entirely.


From the kitchen...The kitchen is a complete disaster with remnants of our big breakfast and the pumpkin muffins that were just made. I don't mind disasters like that. Yum!


I am wearing...A brown maternity shirt with pink and beige designs on it and a maternity skirt that is as comfortable as they come. I'm still not obviously pregnant to the outside world, but definitely more comfortable in maternity clothes.


I am creating...There's not a lot of creating going on around here. I'm growing a baby. Does that count?


I am going...Absolutely nowhere at the moment. This afternoon we may stop by the "Family Weekend" booths on campus and see how the Newman Center booth is doing, maybe confession this afternoon, and Mass. The boys are currently "sighting in" Brett's rifle at the shooting range this morning. Sounds like a man's weekend to me.


I am reading..."The Soul of the Apostolate" (still), and "The New Faithful" by some journalist whose name escapes me. I've never been good with remembering authors' names. Both great reads!


I am hoping...That I continue to feel better, and that I start to feel more normal in the evenings. I'm still rather "green" which makes for some very unproductive evenings.


I am hearing...The three girls playing in the backyard. Last I heard Emma was taking Veronica down the slide. It sounds like that game is over and it also sounds like the littlest one needs to come in and take a nap.


Around the house...The laundry is as caught up as laundry ever is, the kitchen, well, you remember, and the rest of the house could use some tlc. Maybe after our nap...uh, the baby's nap.


To live the liturgy...We've been doing the daily scripture readings every morning and on Thursday started a Novena to St.Therese in honor of her upcoming feast day! I'm trying to incorporate more liturgical activities in our home...after all, the kids can do Math anywhere, but I want our home to be alive with our Faith.


One of my favorite things...When Nica and I wake up in "our" bed and I ask her if she wants to get up she almost always says "no, Mama" and snuggles back in. I'm glad I've taught her well, and I am always up for a few more minutes of snuggling.


A few plans for the rest of the week...It's a pretty busy time of year around here. This weekend we have our family faith formation program at Church, on Monday we have Newman stuff, Tuesday we teach a Baptism class, Thursday we have more Newman stuff, Friday is St.Therese's feast (I think we have some archangels in there to celebrate in the middle of the
week as well), and Saturday we give our NFP talk to the marriage prep group. The kids will have karate next week as well. Whew! I'm tired.
A picture thought...

I do have other children even though this one currently makes more "screen time" than the rest. It's just that she's around me all the time, and well, she's really, really cute!

No comments: