Wednesday, September 1, 2010

First Day of September Daybook

For Today
September 1, 2010

Outside my window...there is a crisp breeze. This is a welcome change from the past two days, one of which we escaped to a friend's house who has air conditioning. It was 84 degrees in this house.

I am thinking...about way too much. My brain seems to be on overload as I sort out what is working and what is not with this current school year, as I contemplate the best way to handle my oldest son and his temperament which he inherited from me, as I try not to worry about this pregnancy, and on, and on, and on.

I am thankful for...my husband who, until he had to return to work, was my chef and maid! I've been very sick with this pregnancy and I couldn't have gotten through without him. Well, maybe I could have, but no one else in my family would have eaten.

From the school room...ugh. The school room is ready, we've been "in school" for over a week now, and I'm just not convinced that we're doing what we're supposed to be this year. It all seems so droll. I have my ideals, but I've never seen them modeled in real life for me so I'm afraid I'm a few steps off. The rest of this week may be revamping our current "schedule".

From the kitchen...clean dishes in the dishwasher, dirty dishes on the counter, but relatively clean. Meals for the rest of the day have not even been thought about except for the brief "hmmm...these kids are going to want to eat again at some point today".

I am wearing...some maternity capris, not that I have to yet, but because they are super, duper, comfy, and a top. Hair in ponytail!

I am creating...some lists. I haven't had a good list making session in awhile, and I feel lists coming on.

I am going...to change my melancholy attitude by the end of this post. :-)

I am reading...way too many facebook updates. Really...there's got to be a better balance to all this.

I am hoping and praying...for a dear friend who just celebrated the 1-year anniversary of losing her son to stillbirth, and who will be welcoming her daughter to the world today! This young woman has shown strength and courage beyond words.

I am hearing...the kids playing and a couple of fans blowing. I'm pretty sure they are keeping it down in fear that at any moment I'll announce, "time to get started".

Around the house...about 8 weeks of feeling "blah" has left its mark on the house. I'm chipping away at the house little by little. It will be clean again.

One of my favorite things...Fall! Word on the street is that it's supposed to get cool this weekend and not warm up again until, well, next July. I love everything about fall! The colors, the fresh apples, all of the lovely holYdays, the promise of the first snowfall, everything!!!!

A few plans for the rest of the week...Students come back to the University tomorrow, we have some yard work to do around the house, some housework, and those lovely, lovely lists!!!

No comments: