Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Feast of the Archangels

Today is the Feast of the Archangels! I am *not* one of those homeschooling mothers who always has every feast day perfectly planned out. I am very proud of today for this very reason. I am also in advance proud of Friday for the feast that I do have somewhat planned out.

The plan was to make angel sugar cookies. The only problem with this plan was that our angel cookie cutter is horrible. It doesn't look anything like an angel. I'm not completely convinced that it wasn't supposed to be cupid from a Valentine's cookie cutter collection. Either way, we decided that using hearts and stars would have to do. The hearts are for the great love the Archangels have for God and the stars are for how powerful they are (a stretch I know).


Veronica was very excited that she got to stand up on the stool with Gianna.


Aidan, rolling out some dough and Emma making sure it looks right.


Nica loved playing in the flour.


Unfortunately, the "ugly" angels didn't even make it.
This picture is to prove that I'm not one of those "perfect" homeschool moms.



Aidan's finished product. Note the funny looking "angel" at the top of the plate.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

I love this!! That angel rocks - and those cookies look de-lic-ious. Were they? Or did you abstain?