Thursday, January 20, 2011

I'm Bored

No, this is not a post about my children uttering those awful words. It's all about me today. I'm bored. This new schedule has really taken off and we've been so diligent in our work that I find myself, multiple times a day, without a thing to do.

Yes, yes. I realize there's always something to do. I apparently am lacking the motivation to find things to fill the empty spaces of the day, probably because I'm not used to having spaces in the day to fill.

Take yesterday for instance. We did our regular morning stuff, plus a trip to our realtor's office, plus karate. Then, I read to the kids, in the middle of the day, for an hour. An hour! And then...I still had more time. Dinner? In the crockpot. Laundry? Completely finished. Schoolwork? Please, that was completed hours ago. Every room was clean, every child spent time with, every person in the house was fed (for the time being), and I still found myself with extra time.

Here I sit again. We're having leftovers for lunch, even if we all detested the meal the first time. The kids have finished their schoolwork, the kitchen is clean, dinner is prepared as far as it can be at this point. (Insert twiddling of thumbs here).

Ideas for filling my extra time:
-Continue reading "Mansfield Park"
-Pray more, always a good thing
-Walk on treadmill
-Wash baseboards....nah!
-Pretend that I scrapbook (last entry was Oct.2003)

Any more ideas? I will be honest and say that I have a basket of clean sheets (yes, it's sheet washing day!) that need to be put back on beds, but that takes maybe 15 minutes (don't laugh, at 3o weeks 5 days pregnant 15 minutes is impressive). I still have 1 1/2 hours until lunch, and then all afternoon, and then, oh dear.

Same word, different topic.

I'm also bored with my clothes. I've reached *that* point in my pregnancy where I don't like anything I have to wear. I'm not overly large, just big enough to not feel "cute" in anything. I usually allow myself a couple of new shirts every pregnancy, but I decided this time around I'd just deal.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Learn to knit! I can recommend some videos to get you started! You need needles and yarn first, though. :)

I've been thinking about you. Can we chat on the phone sometime soon?

And oh, how I wish my life were ordered as well as it sounds like yours is. I do not have a "Sheet washing day." I don't really have an Anything "Day," except for Co-op, an external commitment.

Meghan said...

That's a great idea! I tried crocheting...unfortunately I'm "all thumbs". I can only croceht something if it's in the shape of a rectangle, and even then, there's no telling what it will look like...lol!

I would love to chat!

I've always had a sheet washing day...my mom always had one too. It's the only day that's assigned in the laundry department though.

This week has taught me that there's a lot more time in a day than I realized. Well, still 24 hours...lol!