January 31, 2011
Outside my window...More snow! I don't think this snow was in the forecast, which is by far, the best kind of snow. We woke up to cold temps, but a beautiful blanket of white. (insert content sigh)
I am thinking...We have a lot to do before the baby gets here. I have a lot of lists happening and February is the month that it all has to get done. And if not? The baby comes anyway and some things don't get done...that knowledge is not the best motivator.
I am thankful for...A dear lady who will be watching our children so I can attend Brett's recital this week, and go out afterwards! What a special treat!!!
In our homeschool...This Monday we are getting a later start than usual, but I have no doubt that we'll still get everything done.
From the kitchen...Tomorrow is "pay day", and so the kitchen has not seen anything too impressive lately. I think we'll have chicken tonight if I remember to take it out of the freezer, and I have a big grocery list/menu to work on today.
I am wearing...Some khaki maternity pants, black maternity shirt, with my SDMEA All-state sweatshirt on top...classy. Oh yeah, can't forget the giraffe socks. They are the only part of the ensemble that actually fit.
I am creating...A more predictable routine, a baby (well, co-creating, but still), and lists, lists, lists.
I am going...to stay in for this morning. I was going to go to a LLL playday in Duluth this morning, but the snow is telling me to stay put. I used to be involved in LLL in Texas and really enjoyed the women there. I'm in a little bit of a friend "rut" and thought I'd branch out a bit.
I am reading...More than I have in years thanks to my Nook. I've read "Sense and Sensibility", "Mansfield Park", and am currently reading, "Simplicity Parenting" with "Unplanned" waiting on deck. Reading has helped me to establish the quiet that I need and rarely take.
I am hoping and praying for...My dear Grandma who recently had surgery and is now facing a long and somewhat complicated recovery. Her name is Ruby and I'm sure she would appreciate any prayers. Also on my prayer list is for a safe and healthy labor, delivery, and recovery. This is the time in my pregnancy when I tend to focus on too many "what ifs".
I am hearing...children sort of getting their morning chores done. I hear way too much talk and play and not enough work. I can also hear someone playing piano which should mean that that particular individual's chores are finished, but I can guarentee they are not.
Around the house...I need to focus on the house more during the weekend. During the week our house is usually in order. We stick to our routine and things get done. Weekends happen and none of us (especially me) pay much attention to the house. Monday mornings are not a good time to need to clean the house.
One of my favorite things...Staying up late with my husband, watching a movie, and snacking on food the kids don't even know exist in our house.
A few plans for the rest of the week...I will begin doubling several recipes this week and putting half in our freezer for after this baby is born. The semester is in full swing so we will have Newman Center obligations both tonight and tomorrow. We will be paying particular attention to our grocery list to make sure we have enough Super Bowl food (Green and Gold baby!). I think Brett has a couple of gigs this week, but other than that, just a regular week for us.
A picture thought I'm sharing
No comments:
Post a Comment