For Today
January 17, 2011
Outside my window...We have a fresh new layer of snow. A couple of inches fell over night and it's beautiful!
I am thankful for...A nice home in a nice neighborhood with a nice family inside.
Bringing me joy today...A toddler who insists on being called "soft baby" and a 7-year-old girl who entertains her siblings by reading to them for as long as they want.
In our homeschool...Today we moved school back down to the dining room table. Since it looks like we are staying put for awhile we moved some things around to make our house work for us. It feels like we do this about every six months and it's easy to get discouraged about it. However, as our family grows and changes so do our needs.
In the kitchen...I made a large pot of Chicken Rice Soup last night and thought it would serve us for both lunch and dinner today. It looks like I'll need to think of something else for dinner because the soup was a big hit. The new fallen snow must have inspired more soup consumption that usual.
On my Nook...Over the weekend I finished "Sense and Sensibility". I've already read "Pride and Prejudice" so now I'm moving on to "Mansfield Park". It's a story with which I'm not familiar and it's been a lot of fun meeting more of Jane Austen's characters.
Around the house...We spent three full days decluttering our house. Bag after bag after bag of garbage (and old toys/stuff) was taken out. We currently have space on shelves and our house can breathe again.
Goals for this week...We are starting a *gasp* schedule this week. It's taken me too long to realize that these homeschooled kids have turned into lazy, spoiled, unappreciative kids. Not rotten kids, just kids who have been allowed to go at their own pace for far too long. Starting this week alarms will be set and chores will be completed. That includes the mom.
Plans for the rest of the week...The kids will have karate a couple of times this week, maybe 3 or 4 depending on the outside temps this week. Brett is back at work without students this week. He will be practicing for his recital during "down time" at work and being home in the evenings!
Picture worth sharing...
No comments:
Post a Comment