Since this sweet and precious little girl has had so many digestive issues a doctor who we are working with suggested "Keifer". Have you heard of keifer? I've been a little afraid of keifer to tell you the truth. Really, what is the stuff? It multiples, it bubbles, it just isn't right. Nevertheless, this is something that could potentially really help Felicity so I ordered my keifer grains and they sat, and sat, and sat.
I finally built up enough courage and was feeling rather motivated since I was having quite a productive day. Felicity went down for an afternoon nap and it was keifer-making time. I was making keifer water, as opposed to a dairy keifer because dairy is a big no-no for me while nursing. I got my organic sugar, my molasses, my filtered water. I mixed, I measured. The baby woke up. Never fear! I am a mom, I can do anything with one hand (and the 9 1/2 year old helper sure doesn't hurt). I scooped Felicity up and started reading the next step. Ugh. My keifer grains needed to be rehydrated which is a 3-5 day process. Oops. I rallied the troops (Aidan), and we started *that* process. Grains in bowl, sugar in bowl, water on to boil (does any one see where this is going yet?). Perfect, water boiling, sugar ready to be dissolved in water. Pour water in bowl. Wait! Were those the grains in the bowl? The 9 1/2 year old informs me that they were since that's what I told him to do. Nooooo!!!!!!!!! I killed the keifer!
I decided to see if the keifer would still work. I mean, what's the harm. It's either dead, or it will work, right? Of course then I got busy and there it sat on my counter for a few days longer than it was supposed to. The directions specifically say not to consume the keifer if it smells "foul". Maybe I'm just a keifer-snob, but foul does not begin to describe the way this smelled. Into the garbage it went. Fail.
1 comment:
ive given Zander keifer! call me if ya want 218-245-2079
i love it-i buy organic kind
Post a Comment